Community & Industry Engagement Associate
Community & Engagement Industry Engagement Associate required for a Major Offshore Wind Farm based in Brooklyn, NY.
25% Management Support
- Responsible for supporting the Sr. Community and Industry Engagement Manager and external affairs initiatives, including the implementation of work plans, timelines, specific products to be completed, budget and payment tracking, and individual responsibilities.
- Tracking the impact of the initiatives and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
70% External Events and Engagement
- Support implementing External Affairs strategic plans, especially around events.
- Ensure commitments are met regarding strategic partnerships, memberships,sponsorships, and conference opportunities:
- Track and coordinate deliverables such as advertisements, booth presence, thought leadership, logos, social posts, and payments.
- Maintain engagement tools, supplies and materials such as handouts, giveaways, and virtual reality headsets.
- Promote events internally and recruit staff participation as needed.
- Support Atlantic Shores hosted event and conference development:
- Help track project timelines, expenditures, and deliverables.
- Support onsite implementation, such as table and booth setups.
- Prepare staff coordination communications.
- Coordinate operations including sourcing and negotiating vendors/consultants and promotional activities for the event.
- Analyze the event's success and prepare reports.
- Work collaboratively with Atlantic Shores Management Team, Project Team(s), parent company corporate branding and communications teams and others to deliver consistent, high-energy, authentic and impactful stakeholder experiences.
- Help monitor successful programs from other states/counties and countries.
- Support other team members on outreach where needed.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years office work experience, no experience in energy required but a curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Experience working in events, renewable energy, New Jersey, or New York is highly desirable.
- Proven experience designing and executing strategic events/initiatives.
- Skilled in project management.
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and marketing techniques for event management.
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office.
- Experience with a CRM system desirable.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Excellent organizational skills and a knack for problem-solving.
- Comfortable in supporting other team members in their external facing roles.
- An innate level of comfort in conducting publicly facing activities.
- Operating style suited to working in a small team environment where teamwork, creativity and flexibility are valued.
- Ability to travel every month to an Atlantic Shores or parent office for 3-5 days at a time. Travel to events will also be required on an as needed basis but may include up to 1 event per week at certain times of year.