Community & Stakeholder Liaison Manager
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
Community & Stakeholder Liaison Manager required to join the development team of a global consortium recently successful in securing a major floating project in the Crown Estate Scotland's ScotWind leasing round.
The Community & Stakeholder Liaison Manager will develop and deliver the stakeholder engagement plan for their Scotwind project. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with all stakeholders including national and local government, communities and businesses. You will be joining a dynamic and highly motivated team of passionate energy professionals who have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in executing floating and fixed-bottom offshore projects.
- Developing and leading the stakeholder engagement plan for the project, identifying priorities and key messaging for the stakeholder community.
- Gathering intelligence and feedback from stakeholders to identify emerging issues, risks and opportunities, supported by data and key metrics.
- As a subject matter expert, advising the development team on the stakeholder communications plan.
- Building relationships through effective communication with all relevant local stakeholders including councillors, local authority officers, education sector, local community groups and individuals, particularly in relation to planning and consenting matters.
- Monitoring monthly and annually report on the utilisation of community funding commitments and ensuring maximum impact of the community benefit fund, aligned to the corporate goals and objectives of the project.
- Degree or Masters in relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex, long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders and influencers, with different priorities.
- Experience supporting renewable energy projects (onshore or offshore) or other large projects (e.g. transmission infrastructure) is desirable.
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships with individuals at all levels and across different working areas.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to the general public.
- Able to respond positively to potential challenges from stakeholders, local and national politicians and the media.