Consents & Environment Manager
Consents & Environmental Manager required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in either Aberdeen, Glasgow, Perth, or Inverness.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to Secure Planning Permission and Electricity Act consents for Nationally significant electricity infrastructure projects (Planning Permission, Electricity Act and Environmental consents).
- Negotiating challenging conditions with statutory authorities and submitting robust supporting information.
- Lead on and coordinate site appraisals and optioneering studies to ensure all consenting and technical risks are understood and incorporated into the development and refinement of project design.
- Oversee and manage external consultants to deliver proportionate and robust Environmental Impact Assessments and appraisals.
- Develop, control, and build mutually beneficial external stakeholder relationships (consenting bodies, statutory authorities, key consultees, and government departments).
- Detailed knowledge of the Scottish Planning Process, Consenting regimes and Environmental Impact Assessment legislation.
- Demonstrable Project Management experience and understanding of how to manage all aspects of the delivery of major projects e.g., project definition and set up, management of consultants, costs, risk, quality, and timing is essential to the success of this role.
- Ideally you will have a Planning or Environmental related degree, preferably with post graduate qualification coupled with experience in a relevant industry (e.g., infrastructure, environmental / planning consultancy dealing with major consenting projects).
- Membership of an appropriate planning or environmental professional body is also desirable.
- Willingness to contribute, adapt, and learn within a busy, fast moving team, dealing with challenges and opportunities across am extensive workload.