Construction Manager (Contract)
Opportunity for a PV professional with experience of successfully constructing/project managing solar projects in the UK to join one of Europe's leading Solar developers in a part-time contract role.
The Construction Manager will support the Delivery Team in controlling and monitoring the quality of work performed by the EPC contractors during Project Execution, ensuring full compliance throughout.
This is a 2-day per week contract role.
- Oversee and control the qualify and contractual compliance performed by the EPC or ICP contractor on site
- Provide regular reports and updates to Senior PM on project status
- Quickly and accurately report to Sr. PM on any deviations from expectations, including construction vs engineering design, schedules and/or environmental factors
- Provide guidance on technical, contracts and budgets to the development and wider team
- Ensure health and safety standards remain at the highest level throughout project delivery
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in the development and construction of PV solar projects in the UK
- Previous experience managing/overseeing the performance of EPC or ICP contractors
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Good reporting skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of HSE requirements during the development and construction of PV projects
- Commercially aware
- Desire to maintain high standards at all times from self and others
- Professional manner at all times