Construction Manager – Finland
Urgent requirement for a Construction Manager to join a leading international renewables owner operator and oversee the construction of one of the largest onshore windfarms in the Nordics.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing and monitoring the quality of work performed by EPC contractors during project execution, ensuring full compliance throughout. The position would require a site presence in Vaasa three days per week and a fortnighly presence in Helsinki.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Construction Manager to join a global firm and guide the safe and successful delivery of one of the Nordics' largest renewable energy schemes.
- Manage the safe and successful delivery of a major onshore wind farm with full commercial operation anticipated mid-2023.
- Schedule and manage all internal and external resources necessary for the realisation of the project.
- Coordinate the delivery of all construction-related contracts (TSA, O&M, BoP, etc).
- Lead on regular construction project progress meetings with all stakeholders.
- Prepare standard management reporting documents in relation to risks, progress, value and costs for the Operations Director and Project Manager.
- Support the in-house legal team in preparation of the construction related contracts.
- Control safety procedures and undertake proactive management and enforcement of HSE on site.
- Degree in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Demonstrable local experience in EPC contract management for projects over €50M in value.
- Experience on grid-connect energy projects is desirable though not essential.
- Adept at building strong, cooperative and productive relationships with colleagues, external advisors and contractors involved in realising major infrastructure schemes.
- Commercially aware with good experience of managing challenging negotiations and disputes.
- Organised and pragmatic with an ability to find solutions to challenging problems.
- Excellent knowledge of project management control tools and implementing SHEQ compliance during project construction.
- Finnish speaker with additional languages beneficial