Construction Manager – Solar PV
Taylor Hopkinson is exclusively retained by the Ingka Group to search for and select an experienced Construction Manager with a track record of success in the solar industry.
Ingka Investments manages the liquidity of Ingka Group. Their aim is to position Ingka Group as a unique, responsible, and trusted investor. They invest for the overall value creation of the group for the long-term. With a professional team and investment process, we secure the group's financial strength for generations to come, we support future growth, and we contribute to the development of IKEA Retail and Ingka Centres. A move towards sustainable business and the adoption of renewable energy is a central part of their ongoing strategy in order to do business better and their ongoing commitment to develop renewables projects is a core part of this.
Ingka currently own and operate 547 Wind turbines and 10 solar farms across 15 countries. To move towards achieving their goal they have committed to build 450 MW of solar in the next two years and have over 1 GW of solar developments in pipeline.
The Construction Manager will lead and manage all construction aspects of the Ingka Investments Renewable Energy projects from start to finish to secure delivery of the projects in a safe, compliant, sustainable manner on schedule and within budget.
- Manage and develop the construction competence in Ingka Renewable Energy portfolio in order to achieve the Renewable Energy standards in Ingka and actively support succession planning
- Develop and implement Construction delivery strategies including:
- Project estimate, budget & costs management
- Project delivery & procurement strategy
- Construction project management including monitoring and control of pre and on-site management
- Health safety and environmental planning and follow up in line with industry standards and Ingka terms of engagement
- Scheduling and risk management
- Ensure that support and guidance is provided to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Ingka Investments acquisitions and operations, third party development and construction management and Ingka Group countries) related to all aspects of Engineering and Construction to the Renewable Energy projects.
- Develop and lead a core team of engineers (outsourced), and in cooperation with relevant internal stakeholders, compile, develop and maintain manuals, guidelines, standards and specifications to clarify at a global level Ingka's requirements pertaining to Renewable Energy construction projects, and the processes for their construction and hand-over.
- Ensure that appropriate resources are available (internally or externally) to provide all needed technical, cost management and project management guidance and support to the Renewable Energy Portfolio development and construction projects
- Be subject matter business lead in the development and upkeep of suitable applications and tools to facilitate efficient and reliable project cost management, working closely with Renewable Energy solutions team
- Facilitate project follow-ups and the identification of learnings, thereby improving in-house knowledge, and the performance on subsequent projects.
- Review reports about renewable energy portfolio operations and financial affairs and initiate projects to improve or protect their value
- Create and maintain links with key technology suppliers, developers and external consultants to ensure timely involvement.
- Provide expertise and input to support growth of the Ingka Group renewable energy investment portfolio and support other Ingka Investments activities, ranging from technical due diligence of investment opportunities, contract negotiations, to preparation and handover of acquired renewable energy assets towards the operational asset management organisation.
- Academic degree in engineering or equivalent working experience
- Solar PV Project Construction Experience, additional experience of other renewable energy construction projects, i.e Wind Farms would be advantageous
- Experience in contracting and/or consulting and/or owners role involving large scale renewable energy construction projects in an international environment
- Previous experience of procurement processes and contract negotiations in the Renewable Energy sector
- Proven skills in developing people and provide support, coaching, training, and career direction to others
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly
- Good knowledge in the principles of sound Health, Safety and Environment performance and legislation.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control methods
- Good Budget management: Knowledge of how to plan, organise and manage costs and expenditures for a business or organisation.
- Basic Business risk management: Knowledge of how to assess and mitigate risks in a business environment.
- Good knowledge of how to balance and merge environmental, social and economic aspects to define sustainability and how IKEA uses that knowledge in striving to make business within the limits of the planet