Construction Project Manager, Solar and Storage
Energy from Waste
Taylor Hopkinson are supporting an international renewable energy producer in the recruitment of an experienced Construction Project Manager. The role includes managing the execution of utility scale PV and BESS plants, including schedule, budget and quality. The successful candidate will join an established team, and should be based in Kent to focus on projects in the area.
- Lead the project on the preparation phase (Pre NTP) including Site team definition, documentation review and validation, procurement of all equipment and subcontractors.
- Manage the execution of one or several PV Solar plants (utility scale) throughout its life cycle within schedule, budget, and quality.
- Always assure that the Works are executed considering (as a minimum) local communities and environment
- Achieve project completion on time, under budget and with the highest Quality and HSE standards.
- Lead and take full responsibility on all Project controls processes: cost controls, contract management and scheduling.
- Lead the project team members both within the function (engineering, procurement, construction teams, contract management, HSE) and within the company (finance, asset management, etc)
- Effectivilely communicate all project stakeholder project progress and possible alternative plans to recuperate possible project deviations.
- Direct interface with Client at project level.
- Liaise with development and project finance teams to identify possible conflict on execution because of their different areas of concern (permiting and funding)
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact (always have a plan B).
- "No surprises" approach to project
- Management of the project contractual obligations
- Project reporting (internal and external);
- Establish cost report and KPIs for control of the project.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures about HSE policy.
Position size: Investments up to 200 M€.
- Degree in Engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years' experience in execution of EPC projects of medium to large size.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience with medium and large size projects
- Experience in the renewable energy sector.
- Master's degree in project management or PMP is a plus.
- Experience in Contract, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Deep knowledge on Project controls (cost controls, contract management and scheduling).
- Consolidated knowledge in planning software (Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus (particularly French or Portuguese).
- Cost Control - Plan and prepare accurate project estimates. Establish cost report for control of projects.
- HSE & Quality Management - Compliance with company policies and procedures. Implementing lessons learned system.