Contract Manager – Foundations
Taylor Hopkinson has a fantastic 2-year contract for a Contracts Manager based in Edinburgh specialising in offshore wind Foundations packages & Claims Management.
- Ensure quality and HSE standards included in the EPCI contract are met;
- Responsible for the support in the day-to-day running of the EPCI contract through to handover; ensure successful contract closure.
- Know and understand the EPIC contract basis including terms and conditions, scope of work, programme, prices and rates, key personnel and appendices;
- Monitor & report on contractual deliverables and contract interfaces.
- Claims prevention and contract management; observation of response times and processes; ensuring timely response to any issues raised by the Contractor;
- Support the commercial administration of the contract including where applicable: Notices and Instructions; Applications; Invoicing and Payment; Variations and Changes; Disputes and Claims; Delays, Extensions of Time, Force Majeure; Liquidated Damages; Bonds and Guarantees; Intellectual Property Rights; Termination; Progress Monitoring and Financial Reviews; Liabilities; and Confidentiality Agreements;
- Support in the evaluation of claims and Variation submissions and the preparation of settlement proposal recommendations and subsequent negotiation with Contractor.
- Manage contract commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with the contract conditions and the project commercial / contract procedures;
- Report efficiently and effectively on contractual issues having the potential to materially threaten the overall program or price;
- Identify contractual risks, prepare summaries and propose action plan to eliminate / mitigate / transfer;
- Intervene, analyse, manage and resolve business conflicts between the project and contractor;
- Interface directly and without support with key contractors to discuss commercially sensitive issues; Problem solving, working with other team members to reach a resolution.
- Ensure all contractual / commercial records are filed and maintained.
- 10 years' plus experience in contract management.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other Project/Company Personnel and contractor companies.
- Proven experience in claims evaluation and management to resolution, negotiation experience, ability to keep calm in difficult situations;
- Exposure to EPC and large CAPEX projects with a good track record, ideally including offshore wind projects and/or FIDIC contracts.
- Strong commercial and cost/value awareness;
- Good reporting skills with good knowledge of cost/change.
To apply, please send your CV directly via the link below to Richard Stainforth Account Manager for Taylor Hopkinson.