Control Centre Manager
Taylor Hopkinson is currently seeking a Control Centre Manager to join one of Europe's leading onshore wind operators. Based in the Edinburgh office and reporting to the Head of Asset Performance, the Control Centre Manager is responsible for the management of the Control Centre team and its operations, with the objective of ensuring the safe operation of all wind assets, as well as the safety of the in-house and external workers who operate and maintain the wind turbines and associated plant. At the same time, they will ensure the site is achieving the highest level of operational performance and commercial compliance.
- Ensure wind asset operation is monitored by the Control Centre and that the necessary and appropriate response to faults and alarms is provided.
- Management of the UK Operational Control function of the Control Centre ensuring full compliance with safe systems of work such as SafetyOn Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR) or HV electrical safety rules.
- Line management and ongoing development of Control Centre personnel.
- Provide regular operational performance summaries to the wider business as required, including monthly Operations reporting management.
- Ensure analysis activities are carried out by the Control Centre team, working with the internal and external stakeholders on performance vulnerabilities.
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement and management of operational and HSE procedures.
- Contract management - purchasing and procurement of Control Centre service contracts, including maintaining service agreements with 3rd party contractors.
- Ensure that the Control Centre is effective as first point of contact for any Health and Safety issues on site, advising work parties of any Operational Restrictions, near miss and incident reporting, and execution of site Emergency Plans should the need arise. Ensure current and forecasted weather conditions are monitored by the Control Centre and that appropriate action to alert work parties of any adverse conditions is taken.
- Responsible for National Grid / relevant network operator communications and outage coordination.
- Contractual availability calculation and associated calculations for LD/Bonus availability analysis.
- Ensure that remote and physical retrieval of energy export/import metering data is successfully completed by third party metering data contractors. Validate and check metered data against SCADA data monthly.
- Manage the processing of data and submission of Renewable Obligation Certificate (ROC) claims to the regulator.
- 3+ years of experience managing control centre operations, particularly for wind farms
- Knowledge of/familiarity with operations of onshore wind farms a huge plus.
- Experience reinforcing roles, responsibilities, and the interfaces of a Control Centre team to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience representing a Control Centre team towards stakeholders, including O&M contractors and maintenance teams.
- Highly organised and dedicated individual who prioritises safety while ensuring strong performance.