Opportunity for a Cost Control Engineer to join a global offshore wind developer with a growing pipeline of international projects. The role will be responsible for the appropriate management and control of Cost elements for a major UK offshore wind project.
This is a full time role based in the UK.
- Appropriate management of budgeting and forecasting, actual spent of the project and input to finance for cash call and financial model.
- Creation and administration of forecasts for the costs of the project project.
- Supporting package managers and procurement officers with the structural and consistent build-up of the costs. Ownership of business case assumptions working to maximise value for project shareholders by advocating financially optimal solutions.
- Working with the Project Management team (PMT), establish and maintain up to date forecasts, challenge budget assumptions where appropriate and proactively seek more efficient solutions.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with both internal and external stakeholders to provide cost control and planning advice, and liaise with Finance to assist with internal reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role with a strong understanding of complex tasks and the ability to work autonomously with great rigor and precision.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage your own workload and meet tight timescales.
- Experience working in a cost control / cost management / estimating role, preferably as part of an offshore construction project.
- Ability to provide clear, concise and accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to use MS Office, in particular MS Excel.