Job ID 18298
Opportunity to join an offshore wind development team to develop, maintain, and optimize Cost Estimation processes and tools across the JV portfolio of projects in different stages of development.
It is a Full-Time position located in Boston or NYC. Required to travel every month to offices for 3-5 days as needed.
- Develop Cost Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed, considering early market inputs from Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Binding Offers (RFBOs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Develop, compare, and challenge cost estimates working closely with Technical Leads and the Contracting & Procurement Team (C&P).
- Define, in collaboration with the Technical Leads, and utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce Lower Bound, Base Case and Upper Bound cost estimates for the project, inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs. Interface with Operations and Maintenance team and Energy Production Team to ensure consistency of project design and associated cost estimates.
- Maintain and optimize escalation methodologies and tracking tools, including tracking indexes and evaluating impact to cost estimates.
- Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope, and execution plan.
- Identify, challenge and document cost estimate assumptions (Estimate Basis) along with Project Leads and Technical Leads.
- Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances, including allocated and unallocated cost contingencies.
- Collaborate with Risk Lead on probabilistic cost estimating.
- Manage reviews and assurance of cost estimates.
- Manage Estimating Data - Support process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information. Assess prospect scope and develop consistent, high level conceptual estimates for each concept under consideration.
- Establish process to ensure cost estimates confidentiality and store files in a consistent, secure location, in collaboration with Document Controller.
- Report to management on CAPEX and OPEX changes between phases, or between each bi-annual bottoms up estimate check analysis following entry into the Define phase.
- Assist with pricing up and costing substantial changes identified in the MOC and trend process.
- To support Lease development in 2022 and 2023 with the bidding in Q1/Q2.
Coordination and Optimization:
- Ensure JV policies, including record keeping and documentation management, are followed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Lead Cost Engineer, Project Services Manager or Management.
- Function as subject matter expert for the JV with regards to cost estimation.
- Implement solutions that educate and train internal and external stakeholders on cost estimation best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Science required. Master's Degree or other advanced degree (JD) a significant advantage.
- Relevant working experience with capital projects ($250+ million value) leading cost estimation. Experience in onshore wind and/or offshore industry a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus
- Experience in quantitative risk assessment a plus
- Additional project services experience a significant competitive advantage (Risk Management, Planning, etc.)
- Knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project application, Visio, MS Access, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Experience with budgets/scheduling, risk evaluation is a plus
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural context with multiple experts of various fields, in a high-paced JV environment
- High energy, self-motivated, collaborative individual
- Mindfulness, ability and interest for deep-dive analysis and constant challenging of results
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel
- Has good organizational and communication skills