Country Lead – Japan
We are looking for Country Manager to join our clients project team in Tokyo to lead the project development and delivery activities for a pipeline of Japanese renewable energy projects.
Our client has global capability in infrastructure, renewable energy, focusing on utilising its balance sheet to develop and deliver assets across the clean energy sectors.
- Part of the senior leadership team in the region
- Act as the key representative with ultimate responsibility for the performance of technical and commercial activities in Japan.
- Establish and maintain key relationships across the supply chain including JV partners, developers, contractors, equipment suppliers, technical advisors, utilities and other key stakeholders.
- Manage resources within the Japanese market to ensure the business is efficiently operated to achieve its targets and objectives.
- Advise and consult with cross-functional teams as well as negotiating and overseeing EPC and O&M contracts with potential contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure there is a strong HSE culture and an effective risk management system embedded in the Japan business is also an important focus.
- Professional qualification in a relevant field
- Significant experience with an energy developer, infrastructure player or utility provider involved across the lifecycle of renewable projects such as development, construction and operations.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and energy development in Japan.
- Proven ability to succeed in a complex stakeholder environment
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills and the ability to drive change.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.