Country Manager – Scotland
County Manager / Head of Development required to join an ambitious European renewable energy developer and lead the growth of their onshore wind pipeline in Scotland.
The Country Manager will be responsible for developing the onshore wind pipeline and also identifying further opportunities to grow the onshore portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering large scale onshore wind proposals across the entire project lifecycle.
- Manage all development matters relating to a portfolio of renewable energy projects through-out the development lifecycle from inception through to delivery
- Manage land acquisition process for country portfolio and develop appropriate planning-led strategy for each project
- Undertake procurement and commercial management of specialist technical service providers and key contractors
- Implement project control and governance and provide value engineering, ensuring financial and technical targets are met in delivering projects
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments
- Provide commercial input to consultancy contracts and landowner agreements, ensuring best value is achieved in all such negotiations
- Implement construction safety management and environmental management
- Establish community engagement models at the earliest opportunity for each project proposition
- Financial management of the portfolio, including project budgeting, accounts payable and management accounts production
- Support management on growing the portfolio in Scotland
- Degree in relevant subject is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in the UK market delivering large scale onshore portfolios from site selection through to construction
- Experience in managing projects and teams across all stages of the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of planning, permitting and delivery of grid connections for onshore wind projects
- Knowledge of resource assessment and technology selection as well as experience managing broad range of technical consultants to drive project delivery
- Sound appreciation of economic project drivers and financing models
- Excellent communications skills with ability to liaise with diverse stakeholder including planning authorises, communities, statutory consultees and landowners.
- Business development acumen with proven experience in sourcing new opportunities
- Driving licence