With a corporate vision of accelerating the global deployment of offshore wind as a key enabler for the energy transition and economic growth, our Client is developing offshore wind energy projects in multiple geographies. Our Client is already developing projects in five other markets and is looking to expand globally, including APAC.
Using the world's infinite offshore wind resource, our Client invests in new projects from early-stage development through to Final Investment Decision and beyond. Leveraging their unique experience in floating offshore wind, our Client sets-up local teams and/or forms strategic alliances with local developers to support and accelerate new opportunities to create ready-to-build, bankable offshore wind projects.
Our Client is sponsored by a large global investment fund, giving our Client access to all the funds necessary to develop offshore wind projects.
This Country Manager will lead operations in Taiwan and should be passionate about offshore wind power, and in particular floating, and enjoy the unique challenges of a growing business in an emerging industry.
Country Manager, Taiwan is in a key position to consolidate our presence in one of our global key markets.
You should demonstrate a strategic vision to define our approach to capture business opportunities in Taiwan and have outstanding leadership and execution skills to represent, develop and manage the Company in the country. In prior roles, you have successfully led teams and relationships with external business partners and ideally executed the development of projects.
You will be part of the Company's senior management, representing Taiwan alongside our other Country Managers, joining a highly motivated team of passionate energy professionals who have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in executing floating offshore wind projects.
- Generally: The Country Manager is the primary representative in Taiwan and is responsible for building up, developing, and leading our local presence.
- Leveraging the experience and expertise within The Company's global team, the Country Manager is responsible for creating and developing a pipeline of floating offshore wind projects that stands chances to form part of the future energy mix in Taiwan.
- Responsible for strategy execution and delivery of project and investment opportunities in accordance with strategic targets and operational budget.
- Drive business and project development activities in Taiwan according to targets.
- Build-up, lead, and inspire a diverse local team also working with local/international consultants where and when relevant.
- Lead regular and close relationships with government & regulatory bodies, local stakeholders, business partners, and industry associations.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, assertive, and action-oriented leadership style, with strong intellectual agility and ability.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in Taiwan and/or globally, incl. 5 years of leadership experience in an international/corporate business environment.
- Proven track record in executing and managing growth.
- Relevant experience and in-depth knowledge of developing / constructing/operating power infrastructure. Renewable and offshore wind projects a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the Taiwanese renewable market and regulations.
- Proven ability to identify and win business opportunities.
- Ability to building and maintaining a network of business relationships. An existing network within Taiwan's governing bodies is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills and managerial experience with an ability to build and develop high-performance teams and to motivate individuals.
- Ability to be effective in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across different geographies.
- Ability to analyze and summarise complex development topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to travel.