Opportunity for a Database Engineer to be responsible for the data flow of the OT environment, from data acquisition to the end reporting, including data completeness and support of the platform itself.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in either Hamburg or Essen. However, other European locations will be considered.
- Own and manage our day-to-day database and database server operations within our global data backbone to make sure they are performed smoothly, including the monitoring layer.
- Translating business requirements into data structures and data requirements.
- In charge of the daily flow of information including our reporting landscape.
- Analysis and elimination of technical incidents via tickets and/or other method.
- Support the SQL infrastructure including 1st and 2nd level support, including documentation.
- Enable good working relationship and knowledge exchange with other teams within the renewables business.
- Successfully completed a Degree in Information Technology or similar with related experience.
- Relevant experience in the area of Microsoft SQL Server Database administration and operations, including SSIS, SQL Server Reporting Services and performance tuning, SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular Model) and other data platforms (MySQL, Postgres, etc).
- Extensive experience in Azure SQL and Azure data Factory including data pipelines and connectors setup and maintenance.
- Experience in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 and Gen2 administration and operation.
- Ability to write T-SQL and ETL optimization to make sure platform runs efficiently and cost effectively.
- Experienced to coordinate, troubleshooting and perform root cause analysis
- Ability to work within a team and experience working in an international working environment.
- Fluent in English - writing and speaking, German and any other language are a plus.
- Ability to write PowerShell and Python scripts and big data knowledge (Hadoop or similar) would be an advantage.