Deputy Project Manager – Primary Steel
Job ID 15598
Deputy Project Manager - Primary Steel required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Scotland
- Ensure the highest Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Lead the fabrication team and wider project to deliver the supply of monopiles to the project.
- Continue tender of Monopile fabrication scope from return of RFP, through BAFO and selection of Fabricator(s). Evaluate returned tenders for both commercial and technical aspects together with wider team and make recommendation for supplier(s) to award work to.
- Coordinate technical queries from fabricators and ensure responses are provided within the deadlines and in line with project and package strategy.
- Work with other sub packages to determine optimal multi contracting strategy for the supply and installation of items of plant, including number and location of fabricators and installation methodologies and timings for items. Make recommendation to project for selection and award of project.
- Interface with other packages including monopile design, monopile Transport and Installation, Secondary components design and fabrication (EWP / TP / Internals / TP cover etc), IAC package.
- Agree contract with one or more suppliers to deliver the supply of monopiles to the project.
- Continuously look to optimise the supply of monopiles, and the wider foundations package delivery.
- Work with the Construction management, Quality management and HSE teams to ensure sites involved in the supply of monopiles are correctly managed and represented by Company.
- Work with quality management, engineering and design teams to prepare and agree the inspection and test plan with suppliers for the supply of monopiles.
- Share knowledge and experience within the foundations package to actively familiarise colleagues with ongoing activities and lessons learned.
- Ensure risks from own scope are captured and actively managed within the risk management process.
- Develop Employer Requirements and other contractual documentation prior to contract signature to accurately define the supply scope of work to minimise change required during the contract.
- Ensure handover of foundations from supplier is managed to ensure the foundations are correct for transport and installation offshore.
- Work within project processes and systems for document control, procurement, reporting etc.
- Collect feedback, clarifications and qualifications from suppliers and feed into ongoing monopile design and commercial review of suppliers.
- Batchelor of Engineering Degree in Welding, Mechanical, Structural or similar.
- Project Management Qualification, Prince, AMP or similar.
- Experience working for a steel fabrication contractor.
- Knowledge of coating application and NDT.
- Knowledge of welding and welding NDT.
- Experience of EPCI projects.
- Knowledge of offshore wind projects and monopile supply.
- Knowledge of HSE regulations and specifications for fabrication.
- Experience of working for a developer in a package manager or package lead role.
- Experience of working within multi discipline teams.
- Experience of managing a supplier to deliver a fabrication scope of work.
- Knowledge of contracts and procurement processes.
- Experience of working within fabrication and construction projects as a Lead Engineer, Technical Manager or Project Manager.