Design Engineer, Solar and Battery Storage
A Design Engineer is required to work for a growing IPP offering solar, battery and EV solutions.
In this role you would be responsible for the delivery of design for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) battery and hybrid systems, including for EV charging stations.
This opportunity is located near Heathrow Airport. There are around 40 people in the team who work to develop, engineer, build and operate solar/hybrid sites.
- Prepare the designs of battery and hybrid systems using AutoCAD
- Produce LV AC designs on project level
- Work to develop and identify technical solutions which meet technical, electrical standards and relevant regulations
- Conduct electrical, cable sizing and earthing calculations
- Conduct site surveys and feasibility studies
- Support team members with commercial tenders and planning applications
- Design engineering CAD drawings
- Previous experience in a similar technical design role
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior knowledge and experience of solar system design
- Experience in using AutoCAD and PVSyst
Candidates with knowledge of Battery Energy Storage Solutions and EV charging would be viewed favourably.