Design Engineer – Submarine Cables
Opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a major offshore wind project in Scotland with the submarine electricity cables team, you will be responsible for managing the engineering design of the submarine power cabling projects up to 33kV. Projects vary from the inspection, repair and maintenance of existing submarine cables, to the survey, design and installation of replacement submarine cables.
- You will be responsible for managing the engineering elements of the projects from the preliminary route identification and route assessment stage through to the development and completion of the detailed engineering design for the cable installation.
- Safety is paramount to everything we do. You will be responsible for the preparation and coordination of pre-construction information, carrying out design risk assessments and design reviews ensuring that safety and the environment is fully considered throughout the project. Engagement with contractors during the design and delivery phases of the projects will also be important.
- You will also be required to support the team by providing engineering or technical advice relating to the project designs. You will be responsible for consideration of stakeholder views within the design development phase of the projects and will be responsible for communicating with and developing internal and external relationships.
- Knowledge of submarine power cable design, repair and construction up to 33kV.
- Experience of submarine power cable landfall assessments, route engineering design analysis and specifying methods of cable installation, burial and protection (if applicable) based on marine survey data. Experience of route engineering design with GIS and drawing packages.
- Knowledge of submarine power cable installation, both in deep and shallow waters, and aspects that may affect the cable integrity during installation and operation.
- Experience of preparing and managing tender packages for submarine power cable marine survey and inspections
- Experience in considering stakeholder views within the design development.
- Knowledge of the operation of the electrical distribution network.
- Experience of onshore cable route assessment for subsequent connection of the submarine cable to the distribution network.
- Knowledge and application of the Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2015.
- Experience of preparing pre-construction information, carrying out design risk assessments and design risk reviews.