Republic of Ireland
Opportunity for a Design Manager on a 12-month contract with a leading wind farm developer based in Ireland. We are seeking an experienced individual to manage and deliver the development of the offshore elements of the windfarm design. The objective of the role is to develop the site characterisation, manage the development of the design and manage its certification in line with the project programme and budget.
- Manage the Owner's Engineer contract to time, cost, and quality requirements of the project;
- Co-ordinate and manage the team of engineers in the team
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, the rest of the engineering team, and the wider project team to develop and drive design development in line with the project's requirements;
- Active participation in the design reviews, risk assessments, and design decisions;
- Ensuring that safety in design philosophies are embedded in the design;
- Work closely with the package managers for the Tier 1 contracts to make sure the design development and Tier 1 procurement activities are aligned;
- Work closely with the interface manager to make sure that the design development is aligned with activities elsewhere in the project team;
- Control spend against the approved project budget in close liaison with the project Cost Controller;
- Manage the quality of the overall design;
- Manage the development of the design such that it achieves certification from the ICB in line with the programme milestone.
- This role will require a detailed understanding of the design of offshore wind electrical systems and / or design of offshore structures (i.e. turbine foundations and offshore substations);
- Significant experience in managing design development either for a developer or in the supply chain for a multi-discipline design;
- Significant experience in achieving certification to IEC 61400-22;
- Excellent Project Management skills, including contract management, coordination, cost control, risk and programme management;
- Ability to manage consultants to ensure timely delivery of reports and materials;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team on large infrastructure projects;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under significant pressure to tight timescales.