Floating Wind Farm
The Development Director will provide day-to-day management, oversight and coordination of the development efforts on assigned projects, which may include, but are not limited to, development of offshore wind generating and/or transmission facilities. Duties to include environmental permitting, land acquisitions (site control), package contracts terms and conditions negotiations, community / stakeholder relations, managing budget and schedule, project financing support, and other related project development activities. This position would ideally be located in Boston, MA (flexible) with considerable (post-covid) travel required.
- Assume leadership role for greenfield offshore wind projects and coordinate development efforts required to bring them from the concept stage through FEED, permitting, contracting, financial closing, and commercial operation.
- Management and coordination of regulatory permitting required for projects, in coordination with other business groups.
- Making of applications to agencies; representing the Company's position in hearings and workshops; selecting, contracting with and managing consultants; and providing documentation for siting, land use, and associated permits.
- Support oversight of all project and financial reports required internally and by project agreements, including drafting slides for presentation material to Board of Directors.
- Project Contracting: support the negotiation of project contracts and subsequent administration, keeping track of all business documents, including contracts, agreements and proposals.
- Prepare proposals for tenders and request for proposals.
- In conjunction with other departments, determine project economics and technical characteristics.
- Preparation of milestone schedules and budgets on projects for management approval.
- Compile reports to management and make recommendations for course of action.
- Report to senior staff in the organization, prepare investment approval presentations and present the project for internal investment approvals.
- Project Communication: management of partner & stakeholder engagements including meetings, events, website(s).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with related abilities required to compile reports on project status, present explanations or project benefits/risks, describe potential financial structures to achieve company and project goals and maintain various business contacts.
- Analytical, time-management skills.
- This position requires a four-year college degree, preferably with a focus in business management, finance, engineering or sciences. A graduate degree in business administration, public policy or engineering is preferred.
- Prior experience in renewable energy development, with experience with wind power preferred.
- Project Management experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project development ideally with some direct offshore wind experience at an independent power producer, electrical power industry consultant, or unregulated subsidiary or an electric utility company.
- Proven experience leading teams and understanding how to interface with the public.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills including a "solution-driven" mind-set.
- Proven experience in contract negotiation.