Opportunity for Civil Engineer with Renewable Energy experience to take on the role of Development Engineer with a leading US Energy Storage developer.
The Development Engineer will collaborate closely with the Engineering Manager and Director, playing a key role across all technical aspects related to the development of utility-scale projects.
With a preference for a Colorado base, exceptional candidates elsewhere will be considered.
- Manage a complex portfolio of projects simultaneously
- Review scope of work and technical specifications for RFPs or similar
- Act as key technical point of contact to support project development activities, including project schedules, scope statements, system layouts, single line diagrams and battery performance modelling
- Delegate project tasks to outside consultants accordingly
- Draft and present multiple layout options, presenting pros and cons of each
- Provide technical due diligence assessment for opportunities, engaging with third-party consultants as required
- Attend site visits and meetings with internal and external partners
- Support project handover from development to execution teams
- Evaluate prospective project sites and make recommendations and suggestions accordingly
- Civil Engineering, Construction or related discipline degree-level education
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Min. 5 years' renewable energy industry experience
- High level proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Familiarity with drafting BESS layouts and CAD
- Working knowledge of relevant electrical codes, regulation and legislation
- Demonstrable stakeholder management experience
- Independent self-starter who can perform effectively both within a team and autonomously