Development Manager – Community Solar + Storage
Opportunity for an experienced Solar Project Developer to join an American C&I renewable energy developer, based in the Greater New York City area.
The Development Manager will lead the origination/acquisition, development, and delivery of solar + storage projects on-time and on-budget, collaborating with colleagues from across the all levels of the business, in addition to varied stakeholders.
You should bring 5+ years of relevant experience, along with the right to live and work in the US without sponsorship.
- Develop projects originated by the team and co-developers
- Develop and manage project schedules and work with partners and key stakeholders to ensure development milestones are met/exceeded
- Perform portfolio-level development to NTP
- Ensure projects obtain site control
- Guide projects through the interconnection process, partnering with engineers, utilities, and AHJs to achieve this
- Work collaboratively with the Markets, Finance, Legal, and Construction teams
- Ensure survey and geotech/engineering work is completed and necessary permits, real estate, and grid interconnection agreements are secured
- Identify and propose improvements in business processes and best practices
- Bachelor's degree preferred; alternatively, equivalent field experience considered
- 5+ years' of C&I or utility-scale solar and/or storage development experience, including distributed energy projects
- Understanding of all aspects of solar project development, including siting, interconnection, permitting, construction, and financing as well as grid/energy/utility transformation
- Direct experience in transmission-level and/or distribution-grid level project development
- Experience in obtaining site control, acquiring interconnection services agreements, and managing equipment supply chains
- Experience in NY ISO strongly preferred; ISO-NE, PJM, or others considered
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for projects and work standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively to meet with real estate partners, energy co-developers, and suppliers, and visit project sites