Development Manager, Environmental & Permitting
Job ID 19803
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to play the key role of Development Manager, Environmental & Permitting in an energy platform company in the US.
The candidate can be based anywhere in the US as it is a remote position.
- Responsible for procuring, managing early-stage site environmental diligence, permitting strategy greenfield and M&A assets of company's large portfolio.
- Prepare, submit, and coordinate approval of applications for discretionary permits and other entitlements critical to project viability
- Attend site visits in the field related to site assessment, community engagement, agency review, and construction. Manage pre-construction environmental compliance for greenfield renewable energy projects (solar, energy storage)
- Research and summarize land, environmental review, and permitting requirements for early stage project jurisdictions
- Provide environmental reviews and discretionary permits, focused on ISO's, and participate in coordination of public meetings.
- Work closely with multifunctional teams of business, finance, communications, policy, and real estate.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, math, science, statistics, accounting, finance or similar field
- 5+ years of renewable energy industry experience in development and permitting
- Strong decision-making skills in light of uncertainty
- Ability to perform at a high level in an organization, working in interdepartmental teams to achieve objectives and manage multiple projects and development relationships simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong entrepreneurial, organizational, analytical and people skills
- Solid communication skills; capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural environments
- Native English
- Ability to travel to the company's HQ in the US Southeastern region.