Development Manager required to join the Finnish office of a leading international renewables developer and asset owner.
The ideal candidate will bring local experience in the identification and development of greenfield onshore wind projects. The role would suit an ambitious candidate with an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to work with an established company committed to developing projects through to ownership and operation.
- Support the identification and development of greenfield onshore wind projects across Finland from site selection through to pre-construction
- Undertake landowner negotiations and secure land lease agreements
- Consult with planning authorities, statutory consultees, stakeholder groups and the wider public
- Run tender processes and coordinate external stakeholders (e.g. consultants, contractors, suppliers, advisors, municipalities etc)
- Manage partnerships and joint ventures
- Maintain close communication with centralised functions such as procurement and financing
- Provide ongoing support to construction and asset management teams
- Degree or Masters in relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience developing local greenfield onshore projects through the permitting process either with a consultancy, utility or developer
- Understanding of local and national planning regimes
- Network of contacts across local municipalities, regulators, offtakers and lenders
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious with ability to work independently and across multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships
- Driving licence