We have been retained by a leading UK developer of onshore wind, solar, storage and novel technologies to appoint a Development Planner.
The Development Planner will be responsible for providing professional planning advice in support of a diverse portfolio of renewable energy projects including large scale solar and storage facilities. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to progress their career in a project development role. We are open to hearing from candidates with a variety of backgrounds
This role will be based in Durham, England with flexible and home working arrangements offered.
- Support individual project teams to develop the planning strategy and project design to best achieve viable planning success
- Conduct research and report on development issues associated or which may impact upon the company's business activities
- Collaborate with Project Managers to provide specific inputs into projects in terms of scope of works, planning strategy, timescales and viable programmes and advise on likely planning related costs
- Liaise with planning authorities, key agencies and other consultees ensuring that their information requirements are met and to secure their support for the company's projects and activities
- Develop lasting relationships with planning authorities and other organisations with the aim of widening and maintaining our information and contacts base to support the company's activities.
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g planning, EIA, engineering)
- Experience supporting the development of infrastructure projects either with a developer or consultancy firm
- Renewable experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team and on an individual basis with minimum supervision