Development Project Engineer
Development Project Engineer
We are partnering with a leading global wind energy developer to help build their teams in both Japan and Korea. We are looking for professionals with OWF experience who are looking for their next challenge. A desire to work as part of a team, along with strong communication skills, will be keys to success in this role.
The Development Project Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining all related engineering and technical elements within the projects. This role would entail working across a number of development projects from origination through to FID / financial close for renewable energy technologies across the Northland businesses. This role requires excellent communication skills and flexibility to work across a range of projects, embed with local teams and support the businesses growth targets.
- Project Due Diligence - Supporting the development team's acquisition of projects through site screening and analysis, whether in-house assessment or managing external consultants.
- Development Project Support - Throughout the development process, support the regional development teams and dedicated project teams, in their activities moving projects through the development milestones from origination to financial close. This will require a mix of working from first principles as lead or project managing internal or external specialists across these core scope areas (not limited):
- site screening and selection
- foundation selection and design
- Pre-FEED and FEED studies
- engineering feasibility
- supply chain assessment and management
- technical input to commercial agreements
- interface with wider engineers and technical managers within the business
- supporting wind turbine selection
- all with a view to quality, safe, long-term operational performance
- Knowledge Management - Ensuring continued consistency across the business, inline with up to date industry best practice and incorporating lessons learned from our development and operational projects.
- Portfolio Optimisaion - Ensure the development portfolio is optimised from an engineering perspective and align with the wider business
- Follow and report on new standards, methodologies, service providers and best practice
- Integration of these with the tools, templates, procedures used in-house
- Represent Northland Power on relevant working groups
Education & Experience:
- Educated (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) in technical, environmental science or environmental engineering
- More than 5 years experience in similar role
- Experience of projects onshore and offshore, across several continents
- Comfortable flagging problems when they arise and asking for help when needed
- Ability to be proactive while working remotely or independently
- Team player and strong communicator with internal and external parties
- English business language fluency, both written and oral, essential
- Strong planning and implementation skills including both tactical and strategic planning
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Experience in an international development team
- Ability to travel frequently, often at the last minute