Development QHSE Advisor
Job ID 15532
Development QHSE Advisor required for Leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer in U.S
- Support development projects by assisting risk owners in managing QHSE risks related to development of offshore windfarms and near-shore / shore facilities
- Project QHSE Manager and internal/external stakeholders are supported at relevant project sites.
- Good cooperation and Lessons Learned sharing with other the Development Projects QHSE Manager and other QHSE Advisors across regions and departments.
- Applicable QHSE targets & KPI's for project is met
- Provide subject matter expertise on internal HSE requirements and contractual requirements (as applicable) when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a subject matter in the application of OSHA 1910/1926 and other regulatory QHSE compliance as applicable.
- Have a working knowledge of both US / International Maritime - offshore regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Keep the Development Projects QHSE Manager aware of communications and QHSE support requests from risk owners.
- Promote HSE participation to all stakeholders.
- Flag potential quality related non-conformities to risk owners and the project Quality Advisor.
- Participate actively in continual improvement of protecting people and the environment in the projects.
- Support the Project QHSE Managers deliver QHSE in person and remote services for risk owners such as Construction Managers, Package Managers, Project Managers, Real Estate Managers. Provide subject matter expertise in managing QHSE risks related to the awarded contractors in the Execution Projects as delegated by the QHSE Project Manager
- Support offshore and onshore investigation and research activities as well as onshore construction projects in having a risk-based approach to ensure high QHSE standards are embedded in busines
- Right to work in U.S
- Ability to fit into a team a team, develop professional relationships, and fulfill their role without ever creating conflict with others.
- Have performed in an HSE role (advisor, manager, consultant) for at least 10 years. Have at least 5 years' experience supporting offshore energy, maritime operations, military coastal operations.
- Have and BSc in safety or an engineering field with 10 years of professional experience with 5 years demonstratable direct or indirect experience in HSE.
(or) a relatable degree (degree in science, technology, engineering, or math) etc.) combined 10 years of direct and indirect HSE experience.
(or) in the absence of a degree 10 years of direct HSE experience combined with relevant certifications that support being an HSE Professional.
- Willingness to mobilize and travel on short notice.
Writing: Ability to generate documented deliverables with a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Have participated in or lead (preferred) accident and incident investigations.
- Effective communications. Ability to communicate QHSE requirements, actions, and training in front of multiple stakeholders upward and downward in multiple organizations. This role will engage with both managers and blue collar workers
- Completed NEBOSH General, Construction certificate or ASP/CSP level, or similar recognized (Q)HSE qualification
- Have the Global Wind Organization Standard Basic Safety Training (BST), and USCG Medical and or Oil & Gas UK medical certificate (incl. Chester step test) or equivalent, or have the ability to pass same
- IT literate (Microsoft office package, knowledge of Synergi is an advantage)
- Union construction experience