Director Business Development Europe
Our client is an innovative, forward thinking developer with a strong global footprint. As part of their growth strategy they are seeking an experienced Director to help grow their wind presence across Europe through development of their own assets or through intelligent JV partnerships.
Working with senior management in London, you will be an experienced player in the industry with a strong understanding of the wind development market in Europe.
The main purpose of this position is to identify new investment opportunities, to prepare a business case in support of these investments and to assist in managing them to successful Financial Close. The Director of Business Development will join a small team of professional colleagues with backgrounds in engineering, law and finance, in the origination, development and execution of sustainable energy asset investments.
- Responsible for sourcing opportunities, managing submissions to RFPs and all contract negotiations;
- Supervise and be accountable for all project requirements, including stakeholder relations (landowners, public, communities, government), site control, approvals and permits;
- Supervise and be accountable for all aspects of a project's financial and economic management for assigned projects;
- Monitor and analyse market developments and develop strategies to pursue opportunities;
- Identify potential projects for acquisition and establish relations with potential partners;
- Lead initial project review and due diligence of identified project opportunities, engaging internal NPI resources and, where appropriate, external advisers/consultants;
- Develop and deliver communication to Senior Management of investment opportunities, expected economics and returns;
- Manage the execution of investments and assist in ongoing partner relationships.
- Prior experience of corporate PPA / off take an advantage, but not essential
- Senior development experience: has a strong base of experience and in-depth understanding of large-scale project development, commercial contract negotiations and project management, either within the power generation sector or a related/transferable sector
- Sector Knowledge: currently has a thorough understanding of clean/green power generation and its economics, power industry regulations, fuel supply (natural gas) or resource quality (wind/solar), off taker strategies and PPAs, EPC and project financing (structures and modelling).
- Business acumen: has a thorough understanding of quantitative and qualitative project components and a demonstrated ability to evaluate opportunities.
- Communication: an effective communicator who expresses ideas clearly and concisely, promotes the free flow of information, and is a willing and patient listener who can conduct meetings and public consultations with ease and skill.
- Relationships: knows how to build and maintain co-operative relationships, manages conflict and confrontations skillfully, and shows a genuine interest in others and a sensitivity to their needs.
- Trust and Credibility: demonstrates honesty and ethical behaviour in all endeavours; maintains confidences and takes personal responsibility for his/her actions.
- Results Oriented: passionate about success; has a sense of urgency and organises tasks and projects to achieve goals; aligns resources to accomplish key objectives...
- Languages: proficiency in English; proficiency in a further EU language also an asset.