Director, Business Development USA
We are exclusively supporting a global renewable energy consultancy in its hire of a Director, Business Development.
The Director, BD will be responsible for leading the company's commercial efforts throughout the United States, specialising across multiple technologies.
This position can be worked remotely or from one of the company's U.S. offices.
- Lead business development duties, including: representing the company in meetings, speaking at conferences and other industry events, identifying BD opportunities presenting and developing commercial leads, and negotiating proposals
- Build solid relationships and partnerships with customers, vendors, and other partners
- Direct marketing efforts by presenting market research to Directors, suggesting strategies to expand market research
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company offers and utilise these to develop profitable business opportunities
- Prepare documentation required for RFPs
- Research emerging trends and recommend new company offers to satisfy and exceed customers' needs
- Select, develop, and maintain CRM automation software and additional platforms that best meet company needs and ambitions
- Degree level education
- Proven BD, marketing, and sales experience
- Detailed knowledge of renewable energy industry in U.S., including key stakeholders
- Demonstrable network with many lead companies and key personnel in the U.S. renewable energy sector
- Proficiency across all MS Office applications
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals at all levels
- Highly motivated and personable
- Strong business acumen
- Spanish speaking skills are a plus
- Great attention to detail and takes pride in work