Director of Offshore Wind (Americas)
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
Director of Offshore Wind (Americas) required to join a global energy data and intelligence company and lead their energy transition as they expand their services into the renewable energy and clean technology markets.
Reporting the VP New Energy Solutions, the Director Offshore Wind will create the strategy and value proposition for the offshore wind sector in the Americas, delivering novel, data-driven services aimed at improving processes throughout the offshore wind asset lifecycle. You will lead the business development efforts within the region, securing partnerships and working closely with clients and internal stakeholders to develop products and services that meet current and future market demand.
- Building a product and service suite for the business segment based on data and data-driven solutions throughout the asset life of offshore wind projects with a focus on development and asset optimisation
- Working with clients and internal team members to continuously improve and evolve these products and services to establish a marketing position
- Evaluating opportunities from a strategic, tactical, and financial point of view
- Creating and cultivating a pipeline of partnership prospects, key industry stakeholders, and market opportunities to support the long-term growth strategy
- Remaining abreast of industry innovations through networking, industry events and own research to inform the product roadmap for digital and data driven solutions to create increasingly unique propositions that add significant value to client organisations
- Providing on time and cost-effective delivery of services, and ensuring Business Unit goals are attained
- Attracting and retaining a high-calibre team and setting the management processes and systems, in collaboration with HR colleagues to nurture high performance
- Working with marketing to formulate and implement a marketing strategy to support the roll out of the value proposition
- Securing speaking opportunities at conferences and events to educate the market on the business and the suite of products and services available
- Degree or Masters in business, energy, IT or a related field
- Substantial experience in business and product development within data and data-driven solutions and/or renewable energy (both preferred)
- Knowledge of data and data-driven solutions or products aimed at offshore wind
- Strong network in renewables and/or data-driven solutions
- Strategic approach, with entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven leadership track-record managing high performing teams
- Driven to deliver results
- Strong relationship skills
We are seeking senior business leaders with strategic vision, business development and leadership competencies to develop a marketing value proposition that will drive the world's transition to clean energy and create shareholder value.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a start-up business within an established, cash-rich, listed organisation with high-calibre colleagues determined to succeed in this space.