Director / VP Electrical engineering
Taylor Hopkinson have partnered with a hardware designer and manufacturer for commercial industrial energy storage. to source them a hands on electrical engineering director/VP. This position requires onsite system deployment, systems troubleshooting ( hardware and software ), engineering design of system-level components, and customer interaction.
It is expected that the individual will have the desired cross-platform skillset to carry out day-to-day support tasks, demonstrated ability to handle in-depth system-level design, proven track record of critical systems engineering ability.
The individual is expected to take a project from start to finish, encompassing all aspects of systems design, safety, quality, and aftersales support of systems as part of a team of subject matter experts.
The ideal candidate is expected to provide quantitative contributions covering the following areas:
- Support Company's technical vision and collaborate in all aspects of the Company's hardware and software technological product development.
- Actively participate in supporting systems and electrical engineering efforts with subject matter experts.
- Carry out the company's strategic direction for product development and future growth.
- Consult with other executive managers, such as marketing, production, and operations as an electrical engineering team member.
- Support the growth of the Company's culture, mission, and values including source reduction (e.g. reducing waste and pollution during product production and product consumption), and "Design for the Environment" concepts (e.g. length of useful life, disassembly, reuse, re-manufacturability).
- Conduct active development/research and case studies of existing deployed systems
- Serve as a good steward of the Company's resources and ensure control of hardware and software budgets, inventory, and related equipment.
- Ensure that Company's hardware, software, cloud developments, and commercialization strategies are fully inclusive of each other.
- Ensure all technical documentation, schematics, designs, graphs, source code, and knowledge are continuously updated, transferred, and saved to the company cloud-based system.
Ideally, the Electrical Engineering candidate should be able to demonstrate expertise in the following areas: designing/troubleshooting / implementing for at least 5 years.
Education: Minimum BS in EE or related discipline with at least 5 years of hands on experience in designing and maintaining complex electronics systems.
Electronics Engineering: Deep understanding of Low voltage analog circuits and systems. Digital design for embedded systems, Proven experience with electronics simulation: LtSpice, pSpice, MATLAB, National Instruments LabView etc.
High Power Systems: Familiar with requisite safety requirements of high power systems spanning from several KWs to MW level. Experience of handling high voltage power conversion systems, inverters etc, experience with UL / CSA certification process.
Software Firmware: Experience of developing firmware with any of the following major microcontroller platforms ( 8 / 16 / 32 bit) i.e. ST ARM, TI MSP430, PIC8/16/24/32, 8051x, TI DSP or Analog SHARK platform, etc.
Hardware assembly soldering: soldering SMT / TH devices, prototyping boards, and familiar with mechanical tools is an asset.
System Documentation: Operating Manual, Test Procedures, Manufacturing Documents, and Plans.
Troubleshooting: Experienced in troubleshooting complex analog and digital electronics systems.