Job ID 14200
Document Controller required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in the USA
- Ensure IM policies are in compliance with parent company requirements, with updates as needed.
- Manage all paper and electronic document / data flow within the project(s) or portfolio, and to / from contractors / vendors.
- Create, maintain, and manage delivery against the document and data distribution matrix to aid information flow between company and its contractors / vendors.
- Create and maintain the workflows within the Electronic Document Management System to ensure efficient and timely exchange of data without security incident.
- Assist with timely review and turnaround of document submittals.
- Establish and coordinate the use of document "team working areas" for uncontrolled documents and informal sharing.
- Ensure proper application of the appropriate metadata fields and records / retention labels as required by IM policy.
- Seek out means of automation or process improvement to drive efficiency in data transfer and metadata application.
- Train internal and external users on information management policies, processes, and requirements, and support various functions and phases through the consistent application of IM policies and best practices.
- Project-specific Document Control.
- Coordinate IM processes and implementation with IT team.
- Ensure implementation of the Confidentiality obligations set out in the JV's agreements in collaboration with the JV Operations Manager and Counsel, contribute to developing and implementing the CSI Management Policy.
- Work to safeguard JV and Project information against staff turnover (onboarding / offboarding).
- Collaborate with IT on Cybersecurity.
- Related industry/supervisory work.
- Experience as a Document Controller or equivalent knowledge.
- Engineering background, able to read drawings and prints is a plus.
- Knowledge of:
- Document control processes and systems on Major Capital Projects.
- Interface management in the major execution of contracts (e.g. FEED, EPC, EPCM).
- Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use).
- Discipline approval processes within project teams.
- Records Management and version control principles /implementation methods.
- Document and data control and management systems as well as project reporting software.
- RDS-PP or other equipment tagging methods.