Document Controller – China
Job ID 8328
A document Controller is required to work for an Offshore Wind Farm Developer on a long-term contract, based in China.
- Reporting to the Site Project Manager, the main job of Document Controller is to manage and oversee all documents which will flow through the Employers fabrication site team.
- The Document Controller to ensure that the right versions of the documents will be received, stored and distributed for and to the Employers site team.
- Further all relevant office jobs to support the team members to part of the scope like setup op minutes of meetings etc.
- For all yards good English communication skills (both verbal and in written) mandatory.
- The Document Controller will participate in team meetings, document meetings and all other relevant meetings and will support the Fabrication Manager, the Quality Manager and the rest of the team for all relevant issues and discussions.
- For the Chinese yards fluent Cantonese/Mandarin mandatory.
- Receives and issues documents under transmittals, according to document distribution matrix
- Maintains the files and control logs as required by the project procedures.
- Records and files all documentation flowing through the Employers Fabrication site team
- Develops and maintains the Site document control register;
- Ensures that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings will be received and/or issued;
- If necessary, allocates document numbers to internally prepared documents and incoming documentation as per the project procedures;
- Participation in Fabrication Contractors/sub-contractors Material Record Books (As Built documentation) Reviews and Completeness Checks.
- Keeping track and maintaining accurate records of all documents flowing through the Employers Fabrication site team
- Scheduling visits and meetings for the Fabrication Site team members
- Documenting meetings and issue MOM's
- Assisting in the preparation of reports
- Ordering office supplies
- Proven 5 years' experience as document controller and administrator in Construction Projects
- Good time-management skills
- Sufficient knowledge of office ICT/computer basics