This role will manage the economic evaluation and analysis for a major offshore wind developer, supporting project development and construction teams with a special focus on economic/financial modelling.
This is a permanent role based in Edinburgh.
- Continuously maintain, enhance and operate economic models to provide reporting to the project management team, UK business unit finance team and project stakeholders such as lenders and lenders' advisors.
- Engage with wider project team including project controls, commercial and technical staff to define and optimise the interface between project cost and technical parameters and the financial model.
- Provide detailed analysis of the on the ongoing economics of projects which can be reported at board level.
- Provide regular and ad hoc analysis to support project and financial decision-making processes.
- Support yearly business planning with regards to financial modelling and contribute to the integration between project financial models and requirements of project sponsors and lenders.
- Engage with independent financial advisors where required in order to develop and validate financial models and associated assumptions.
- A degree or relevant equivalent in finance, economics, mathematics or related subject.
- Professional experience in economic or financial modelling.
- Professional experience of economic or financial modelling in the context of energy or infrastructure projects is highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel based modelling skills.
- Demonstrable business, economic and financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of energy or other infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in risk modelling, renewable energy technologies and project economics.
- Knowledge of corporate and energy project finance structuring.
- Knowledge of UK tax and accounting practices.