Electrical Engineer – Offshore Wind
An opportunity for a highly capable Electrical Engineer for a specialized offshore wind consultancy.
As an Electrical Engineer, your main assignment will be to help the project team with creating or managing the deliveries of the design-related documents for the Low Voltage and High Voltage systems for offshore wind turbine foundations as part of our basic and detailed design projects.
This full-time role is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Support the project team with your Electrical knowledge.
- Ensure that the assigned scopes of LV and HV systems are delivered on time, are of high quality, and are within budget.
- Interact with the client and the rest of the project team to determine and specify the required input parameters.
- Manage the delivery of the electrical design work in close collaboration with your project team and Lead Engineers. This may either include delivering the work yourself or in close cooperation with subcontractors and reviewing their results.
- Quality check of the work delivered along with the team.
- An engineering degree in electrical engineering, power, or control systems.
- Strong analytical skills and more importantly, are activated to learn and collaborate in an international working environment with different stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong drive to fulfil your assignments and a willingness to take the initiative when faced with opportunities to exceed expectations.
- Are good at communicating effectively with colleagues, clients, consultants, and contractors through a variety of media, including both web-based telecommunication and face-to-face meetings.
- Are pro-active in your efforts to engage with others and learn.
- Have an innovative and solution-oriented mindset and at the same time courage to take on the challenges
- Are a team player.
- Are well organized and able to keep track of multiple aspects of work, re-appraising and re-prioritizing activities throughout the project as both yourself and the client's requirements evolve.
- Possess excellent numeracy, literacy, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Are fluent in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.