World-leading renewable energy developer recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to work across their portfolio of operating onshore wind projects across Europe.
This is a full-time, staff position based in Edinburgh. Experience of working on operational projects in the wind industry is essential.
The Electrical Engineer will act as the Technical Expert for wind turbine, and balance of plant electrical systems for over 2.6GW of wind power plant located across Europe. You will be part of a team of Engineers responsible for the risk management and resolution of complex technical problems. You will work closely with 3rd party contractors and Asset Management teams across Europe to support the delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable operation across the portfolio. You will be encouraged and supported to develop bespoke improvement projects which deliver measurable value to the portfolio.
- Work with Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (HSQE) management to achieve the highest level of safety across the portfolio ensuring all relevant industry standards and guidelines are complied with.
- Deliver value through the development of novel performance improvement initiatives, identifying potential plant upgrades, and by supporting improvement projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Protect asset value by supporting the Engineering Life Extension strategy, and managing critical electrical spares obsolesce.
- Manage the High Voltage Operational Safety Rules working with the dedicated service provider on training, authorisation, and continual monitoring of SAPs.
- Define and manage the scope and requirements for electrical inspection and maintenance working with Asset Management and external contractors to ensure this is completed to industry standards and timescales.
- Lead root cause of failure investigations for wind turbine and electrical balance of plant component failures, working with the appropriate subcontractors to deliver clear recommendations and remedial actions required to ensure safe operations.
- Specify, lead and in some cases participate in asset inspection activities to identify any potential operational or health and safety issues.
- Specify and project manage remedial works to return assets to service.
- Ensure asset configuration control by conducting and assessing Engineering Change Requests and presenting to Senior Management for approval.
- Assist in the further development of the business spare parts strategy. Working with the Commercial and Procurement Manager with the identification and sourcing of replacement parts and any associated tender processes and contract negotiations as necessary.
- Identify and assess relevant contractors and work with the Commercial and Procurement Manager to negotiate scope of services and commercial terms. Manage contractors following contract completion.
- Support the scope definition of future O&M contracts.
- Ensure compliance with grid connection agreements acting as point of contact for all TNO and DNO technical enquiries and utilising specialist consultants as necessary.
- Support business growth aspirations through the participation in technical due diligence activities for potential acquisitions and adding transaction value through the identification of performance improvement potential.
- Oversee, with support from external service providers, the construction of any new assets, overpowering or repowering projects.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with demonstrable experience in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Achieved, or working towards, Chartership with the IET (desirable).
- HV operational switching (desirable) .
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working with operational Wind Power Plant including LV and HV subcomponents and balance of plant electrical infrastructure.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of working with SCADA systems and communication protocols common to the Wind and Power Generation industries.
- Knowledge of grid connection agreements.
- Demonstrable Project Management experience of delivering multiple complex technical projects simultaneously, to schedule and budget.
- Knowledge and experience of completing Root Cause Analysis.
- Knowledge and experience of Electrical Inspection and testing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of High Voltage operations up to 33kV.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience in the negotiation of technical work packages.
- Experience of working across multiple geographic locations and cultures.