Our Client develops, constructs and operates renewable energy projects around the world. They are now seeking an Electrical Engineer in progressing our development projects in Taiwan towards construction.
The role will be based in Taipei, as the project progresses, there may also be some work required at contractor locations and travel will be required both nationally and internationally. The focus will be on offshore wind farm projects at the beginning.
- Working in the pre-consenting phase, the Engineer will be responsible for ensuring a robust through life design of the project's electrical system supporting on all aspects of the HV generation and transmission system up to the Grid Interface Point.
- Liaison with the Transmission System Operator (i.e. the Transmission System Division in Taiwan Power Company) to secure appropriate grid connections for projects, including overseeing project's System Impact Assessment
- Helping to define consenting envelopes, such as offshore and onshore cable routes, to allow projects to incorporate future technology and minimise cost of energy
- Support the definition of the main electrical system design for projects, covering all aspects of the onshore and offshore HV systems
- Development of specifications, subsequent TQ clarifications and ensuring specification compliance with selected consultants and contractors
- Strong focus on interface topics, for example on the onshore substation and offshore platform
- A strong focus on safety through design and through life performance of the assets.
- Close liaison with technical experts in Asset Engineering and Engineers working on similar projects world-wide to ensure their knowledge is effectively utilised on the project
- University degree or comparable graduate education ideally in electrical power engineering
- Fluent speaking and writing in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Experience in project engineering of power projects, ideally offshore wind or similar renewable energy industry projects
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with Taiwan Power Company, existing working relationships are an advantage
- Understanding of the grid connection process in Taiwan, applicable Grid Codes and local regulations relating to the electricity market
- Knowledge of electrical plant including large power transformers, switch-gear, onshore transmission substations, static and dynamic reactive power compensation solutions, MV/LV auxiliary systems and cables