Electrical Engineering Manager
We are working with one of the leading names in global offshore wind who are looking to hire an Electrical Engineering Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing and rapid development of the US offshore wind market.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will provide timely input into the front-end engineering design (FEED) for contracts involving electrical design (e.g. onshore substation, offshore substation, offshore and onshore export cable, inter-array cables, wind turbine, etc). This role will be based in our clients Boston area office(s) with occasional US and international travel.
- Define and optimize the wind farm electrical components and SCADA system: wind turbine, inter-array cables, offshore substation, export cables, onshore substation and grid connection.
- Supporting the development and permitting process by managing the scope of the electrical systems and equipment.
- Advise on the overall electrical design of the wind farm.
- Advise on the technical aspects of the grid connection.
- Advise on the design of the transmission system with consideration for technical and commercial requirements.
- Managing and working with external consultants, suppliers and contractors to support the project where and when necessary.
- B.S or higher in Electrical Engineering. Skilled in the areas of power system design and analysis, equipment selection and protection.
- Experience delivering large utility projects.
- Project delivery experience leading scopes larger US$50 million.
- Deep knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical systems of wind power generation, preferably offshore.
- Broad knowledge of the abilities of US and European contractors and vendors in offshore wind and onshore utilities.
- Highly focused on safety and quality.
- Experience with US regulatory and legal landscape is a plus