Electrical Package Manager (Korean Speaker)
Floating Wind Farm
Korea; Republic Of (South)
Our client are a leading renewable energy developer who are looking for an Electrical Package Manager to be responsible for providing technical and project management input during the project lifecycle for a floating windfarm project.
- Carry out optimisation studies of the electrical systems design, offshore and onshore substations and cables arrangement.
- Integrate electrical system design into site layout optimisation studies.
- Coordinate and manage external consultants to create electrical design documents and deliver required engineering and cost optimisation studies.
- Manage, coordinate or be involved in key supplier meetings for electrical equipment and meetings with suppliers for critical packages.
- Ensure that designs and equipment performance comply with local and international standards and codes, regulatory aspects and project policies.
- Responsible for offshore electrical engineering reviews and design risk assessments.
- Review and approve technical specifications for electrical works.
- Provide input to outline design of the project during development and pre-construction.
- Develop effective relationships with system and component suppliers.
- Undertake and manage technical bid reviews and tender evaluations.
- Prepare and negotiate procurement and electrical specification for wind farm substations, cables and wind turbine contract packages.
- Significant experience with an energy developer or contractor performing the role of a Electrical Project Manager.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Exposure to submarine cable design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning.
- Knowledge of transformers, HV Components & SCADA systems.
- Experience in supporting development, Design/Engineering & construction phases of power generation or transmission aspects relating to offshore wind projects.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Knowledge of local grid and transmission regulations.
- Ability to work full time in South Korea.