Electrical Plant Engineer
Electrical Plant Engineer
Job ID 7562
Hai Long Offshore Wind, a joint venture between Northland Power, Yushan Energy and Mitsui, has retained Taylor Hopkinson on an exclusive basis to search for and selection several critical team members to be based in Taipei, including a Senior Electrical Plant Engineer. The Senior Electrical Plant Engineer will be responsible for the plant electrical system design, studies and grid connection
Joining the project in this formative stage of the team, and the entire industry in Taiwan, offers the right individual the opportunity to shape the future of Taiwanese offshore wind. Using initiative, experience and team work to establish and drive the project will be essential as you operate in an autonomous and self-sufficient business unit tasked with the delivery of + $4billion asset.
Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence will be needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Success will require an ability to solve complex technical and commercial problems with a high level of commercial acumen in this exciting emerging market that has ambitions to be the hub for offshore wind the APAC region.
- Responsible for the plant electrical system design, studies and grid connection
- Liaise with the onshore substation package manager and electrical engineer to integrate the grid code requirements into the plant electrical system design
- Review of suppliers contractual electrical engineering deliverables
- Facilitate and engage with package managers to ensure that all electrical interfaces are aligned, planned and closed with appropriate quality
- Provide structured overview of all electrical engineering design
- Provision of overall electrical system design, modelling and simulation studies
- Grid Code compliance
- Comply with Company's guidelines and current standards, as well as local requirements
- Ensure that the best technical practices are implemented
- Ensure hand-over of agreed documentation to O&M
- Comply with and enforce the Company HSE requirements
- B. Sc. or other relevant degree
- Previous role as project electrical engineer
- 5+ years of practical and theoretical experience of electrical components and installations
- 5+ years of experience from similar position either from work on power plants, engineering contractor or consultancies
- Leadership skills (experience with leading design teams or projects in a matrix organisation)
All direct and third-party applications to the client will be forwarded to Taylor Hopkinson for processing.
Closing date for applications is 25/9/16.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160