Electrical Substation Engineer
The Electrical Substation Engineer will be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out a global offshore wind team for one of the world's leading energy businesses. This team will develop & execute projects in the UK & US as well forming a global centre of excellence for a rapidly growing offshore wind portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible, regular travel to London).
- The electrical substation engineer leads the overall design and delivery of the electrical substation scope for offshore wind projects.
- Experience of projects (pre-FEED/FEED/detailed design, construction, installation, and operations support).
- Able to define and prioritise issues and solve problems through focused effort and networking with other team members or external sources.
- Can performance manage others (including 3rd party engineering services providers) and support timely decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across functions and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering subject (electrical engineering, power systems etc.).
- High motivation and the ability to set and achieve goals as part of a team.
- Technically competent in an electrical engineering discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of offshore wind projects.
- Chartered engineer.
- Experience of contributing to integration across other functions.
- The ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership, facilitation and problem solving / analytical skills.