Energy Analyst required to join the Scottish office of an established renewables developer and provide expertise on a growing portfolio of onshore wind, hydro and solar projects in development and under management across the UK.
You will become a leading member of the team responsible for optimising performance of their operational projects under management as well as advising on optimal designs and energy yield forecasts for their development pipeline. You will have a clear path for progression and the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future growth and success of the operational business.
Remote working is offered.
- Deliver energy yield assessments for range of wind, solar and hydro projects in development and operation to a bankable standard.
- Design site measurement campaigns and undertake validation and interpretation of meteorological data for resource assessment.
- Undertake regular project performance monitoring including energy yield analysis, downtime, causes of lost energy, defects, curtailments and constraints.
- Liaise with turbine and solar suppliers to inform technology selection and undertake site suitability assessments.
- Undertake evaluations of life extensions and repowering as well as co-located storage projects.
- Provide regular high-quality reports to project managers, business managers and investors.
- Develop analysis techniques to support internal operations functions and as a service to third parties.
- Degree in relevant numerate discipline
- Demonstrable experience in energy resource assessment ideally with a consultancy, developer or utility.
- Good numerical and statistical analysis skills.
- Experience in the use of relevant wind, solar or hydro resource assessment software packages (e.g. WindPro, WindFarmer, LowFlows, PVSol, PVSyst)
- Knowledge of one or more computer programming languages would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of current renewable industry technologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prepare concise reports.
- Full UK driving licence.