Energy/ Construction Legal & Contracts Advisor – UK
A global leader in the solar and energy storage space is looking to recruit a Legal and Contracts expert to join their team in the UK, playing a leading part in their manufacturing and development business.
- Support the Legal and Contracts function on activities in PV and ESS Business Unit in EMEA countries.
- Review, draft, qualify and negotiate various types of contractual documentation including framework agreement, sales contracts, General Terms & Conditions, purchasing agreement, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent.
- Identify risks and deviations from contracting principles.
- Preparation and negotiation of contractual Qualifications with new and existing clients.
- Prepare contract and risk summaries to ensure that all relevant project personnel are aware of Contractual obligations, risks and objectives.
- Negotiate to resolution contractual and financial disputes on live projects, consulting with and advising Commercial managers.
- Maintenance and adherence to all relevant policies, processes and procedures contained within the Business Management System.
- Providing internal training for non-lawyers
- Degree educated in Law or relevant Business-related qualification.
- PV, Energy Storage, and Gas and/or Construction industry experience.
- Commercially focused with a sound knowledge of Contract Law and the ability to draft in a legal / contractual context.
- Experience working within a Contracts or Legal department.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels and translate to a non-legal audience.
- Demonstrates credibility and professionalism at all times.
- Can engage, influence and negotiating at all levels with stakeholders.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, and the ability to constructively challenge and be challenged.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership, and work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Detail orientated with excellent analytical skills.
- Accustomed to report writing and presenting.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, accustomed to meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.