Engineering Manager, Korea
Job ID 15254
- Providing technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for all aspects related to offshore engineering to identify, tender and select advisors, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project ensuring all technical and commercial requirements related to all aspects related to offshore engineering are scoped within the tender materials, lead detailed negotiations and coordinate with the transaction team.
- Providing the relevant technical and commercial input for tender documentation as required
- Managing the technical processes in the tender and execution phase of our EPCI offshore wind projects.
- Will be closely supporting the Project Director during the development and delivery of the project.
- Manage and design offshore wind projects, working closely with project director and partners to monitor offshore wind project progress - this will include cost scheduling and project supervision as necessary.
- Manage the design and engineering team in the design, work preparation and execution phase Next to that you will be responsible for managing outsourced engineering work and all design and engineering interfaces within the project.
- Managing processes such as interface and risk management and systems engineering as required
- Coordinating design decisions and technical solutions in close cooperation with construction partner, team members in commercial, procurement and operational positions is an essential element of your task in order to reach the best project result.
- Will be required to take a central and professional position in the design process towards OE, certifying bodies and sub-contractors.
- Taking the lead across all offshore engineering disciplines.
- Taking the lead on the programme management of Suppliers, Construction, O&M and other sub-contractors in relation to design & engineering development
- Leading the project design, specification and subsequent management of all aspects related to offshore engineering.
- Working closely with the OE and Package Managers to ensure that the project is successfully designed, procured and delivered.
- Ensuring that WHSE considerations are treated as a priority across all of the project team.
- Any ad hoc projects in the Offshore Wind Engineering Manager scope as required
- Essential Functions Supervise and lead engineers, technicians, designers and other personnel involved in the design, planning and development of engineering projects as well as support personnel.
- Oversee production, quality assurance, quality control, testing and maintenance as required.
- Verify compliance with plans, industry and project standards, building codes, legal requirements and more.
- Hire, train and mentor and manage the performance of engineering personnel, CAD operators and other support personnel for engineering department as required
- Identify and build relationships with qualified vendors and consultants to assist with functions to be outsourced, as well as negotiating terms of agreement.
- Determine and communicate project requirements, specifications, goals and objectives.
- Build relationship with internal stakeholders across the organization. Maintain positive relations with external stakeholders.
- Seek new business opportunities through networking, sales meetings, negotiations, cultivating referral sources, etc.
- Write and present project proposals and status reports. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as professional and industry-specific standards and regulations.(Implement and adhere to company's policies and protocols)
- Other duties as required to support engineering department and organization-wide needs. Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities Must have and maintain a Professional Engineering (PE)
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships and understanding of project cycle and strategies
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks, as well as manage a team and resolve conflicts across teams effectively
- Manage scoping, tendering and contracting process to engage required advisors such as local engineering company, licensed administrative agent for the permitting and consenting purpose
- Minimum of 20 years' experience of working in energy and/or infrastructure project design & engineering role. Experience of working in international engineering and construction company, energy utility, local market experiences or engineering consultancy will be considered favourably.
- Good knowledge on local design and construction practice & regulations, design & engineering development procedures, market practice & dynamics on the offshore construction business.
- Detailed and hands-on expert knowledge in offshore or onshore Civil Engineering including maintaining relevant Professional Engineer's Certificate.
- Major in maritime related civil and geotechnical engineering will be considered favourably.
- Documentation ability for engineering management including official letter correspondence, contract review, permitting application, presentation skill wherever required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build intimate relationships with various counter-parties.
- Creative problem-solving skills and resilience to overcome hardship.
- Strong client engagement and project management skills, ideally with on-site experience.
- Result-oriented, creative and analytically strong colleague.
- Manage projects, provided leadership to various technical teams.
- A proactive approach and enthusiasm for coordinating and motivating people
- Willingness to take business trips whenever required (On-site visits to support technical evaluation).
- Fluent Korean and English communication skills.