Engineering Manager Offshore , Taiwan
Our client is a global renewable developer and is looking for an Engineering Manager with a solid technical background to drive their offshore development & future construction activities in Taiwan.
- Manage the technical project team members of Offshore Wind projects, e.g. management of all technical functions and work; focal point for technical discussions and its commercial impact; resource planning
- Define, optimise and integrate the project design with due regard to the project commercial drivers, schedule and budget; Technical sign-off of critical project design and concepts.
- Manage the engineering input into the Project Description, Pre-FEED, permits and statutory consents during the project development phase
- Deliver the project design basis at appropriate stages through the project
- Promote a consistent and inherently safe design, and ensure that design safety risks are demonstrably As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP). Log any residual hazards for future transfer to the relevant project phases.
- Ensure design integrity, compliance and technical risk management in line with applicable regulations.
- Interface with the package management, construction, commissioning and operations teams as required to ensure the project is designed with all stages of the life-cycle in consideration.
- Input to negotiation strategy with suppliers, creation of necessary pre-bid tender documents and its offers, approval of engineering documents and invitation to tender technical specifications
- Oversight and responsibility for maintenance of data about project site conditions and GIS information
- Under delegated authority of the project lead, supporting development of project schedule, technical risk evaluation & mitigation and oversight of technical LCOE & innovation measures.
- Support collation of relevant cost inputs for technical elements of the project (e.g. CAPEX and OPEX);
- Contribute to bid strategy and development of technical requirements of initial work packages such as; preliminary site investigations, technical solution scope.
- Coordinate technical project 'sprints' as defined in the project plan, to ensure aspects such as LCOE, construct-ability and operable have been appropriately considered and assessed.
- Engineering (civil/ mechanical / electrical) or other technical university degree
- At least 5 years of global relevant experience in development & construction of large infrastructure projects (Taiwan/APAC region offshore wind experience is desired)
- Strong track record in successful engineering construction management and good knowledge of all wind farm package areas and their interdependancies.
- Results-oriented and Commercial mindset, ability to analyse and summarise complex development topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- Proven experience, ability to build and develop high performance teams and to motivate, acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense of diversity and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people on different levels of hierarchy, different backgrounds and cultures, must be a team player.
- Excellent understanding of technical analysis and specifically of competitive drivers that can help winning projects in very competitive tender environments
- Interdisciplinary project management experience
- Sound understanding of Taiwanese offshore wind market dynamics & market specific challenges incl. local regulation impacting technical design parameters
- High degree of specific offshore wind expertise (technical, development, project management and commercial)
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin is a plus