Engineering Manager – Portugal
Opportunity for a highly competent technical renewable energy professional to join one of the world's leading PV solar developers as its Engineering Manager in Portugal.
This individual will be the technical point of contact in support of the development team, focused on utility-scale portfolios of projects.
The Engineering Manager will also collaborate with technical advisors internationally on a range of projects, while supporting and advising on the assessment of new technologies, including modules, inverters, and structures.
- Play an active supporting role in the Project Acquisition process, including Technical Due Diligence and additional internal and third party reports review
- Complete LCOE Optimisation Analysis on new project opportunities
- Perform Technical Performance Analysis on existing projects within the Polish portfolio
- Support the assessment of new technologies (e.g. modules, inverters, structures)
- Carry out Energy Yield Assessments
- Support Project Management during the construction process
- Review bids, reports, orders etc. from EPC Contractors, in addition to Owner's requirements
- Conduct site visits both to new greenfield sites and additional sites under construction internationally
- Degree level education in Engineering
- High level of English and Portuguese language skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with PV softwares
- Experience working on large-scale PV solar plants
- Good knowledge of and potential relationship with key players in the Portuguese PV market
- Good understanding of technologies related to PV generation