Executive Director – Green Hydrogen
The client is an international company that is at the forefront of developing and operating Long Duration Energy Storage projects, technologies, and products. Their work unlocks the value of renewables by using compressed air, sometimes alongside hydrogen to store, secure and share energy, thereby supporting global goals around and facilitating the energy transition.
- Inform the company's strategic expansion and lead the asset delivery program globally.
- Take ownership of corporate operational processes across the whole organisation including but not limited to Project Development, Project Finance, Regulatory, Asset Management, and Communications.
- Work with the Executive Team to evaluate, analyse, and identify areas of improvement that enable the maximisation of capital investments to achieve programmed & growth targets.
- Work closely with Project Directors on programming and budgeting to ensure the portfolio is delivered accordingly.
- Develop and implement systems to monitor performance of project related budgets, operational outputs, and project management to optimise the company's expansion strategy.
- Be influential in developing support from our investment community and wider public market investment stakeholders.
- Lead the continued evolution of the organisation from its start-up mentality to a more disciplined goal orientated environment aligned with evolving stakeholder requirements, whilst nurturing the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship that will enable future strategic expansion.
- Significant experience within the energy sector, which includes comprehensive Executive Management exposures leading corporate strategic operational initiatives ideally within Power Generation.
- Must have considerable experience developing growth strategies in a developer-led project development environment, preferably renewables.
- Proven experience of proactively managing the challenges (budget and programme) of a rapidly scaling developer.
- Demonstrable track record executing an international portfolio of large-scale projects, that are, complex, capital-intensive, €400m+.
- Have experience of managing or supporting a diverse group of stakeholders including external investors, private equity, banks, and strategic partners.
- Proven track record implementing best-in-class operational leadership systems that connect company vision with operational goals, improve efficiencies, and deliver structured company performance reporting systems that are easily understood by all stakeholders.
- Has a successful track record of creating and executing an M&A strategy resulting in revenue generating, profitable business (or asset) acquisition.
- Substantial leadership experience across large corporations and significant exposure to the requirements of a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Has previously led a multi-national, multi-cultural, team with offices across multiple countries.
- Fluent in English.