Export Cable Project Engineer
Job ID 15821
Export Cable Project Engineer required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in England
- Responsible to Project Manager for delivery to project of all engineering requirements.
- Manage the engineering resources and interfaces on a project to achieve successful delivery.
- Ensure all engineering personnel are aware of BMS and PM7 Interface with discipline leads and/or group leads to ensure deliverable schedule is being met and budget is on track.
- Ensure schedule of engineering is linked to procurement activities, package and fabrication supply.
- Manage and participate in technical audits of projects and studies.
- Responsible for ensuring that standard of engineering services provided complies with corporate standards and Client specifications along with appropriate legislation.
- Develop man-hour estimates and subsequent engineering schedule for implementation to suit overall project plan, taking responsibility for delivery.
- Identify project resource requirements and liaise with Engineering Resource Coordinators to ensure availability and allocation.
- Promote and facilitate project team awareness of company QA and HSE procedures.
- Ensure that all procedures and methods of work developed have considered the safety of personnel and assets to minimise loss.
- Develop project Design Basis.
- Ensure all documents are checked and approved and have relevant circulations.
- Encourage awareness and reporting of variations to contract scope.
- Identify and quantify engineering changes to contract and assist in providing input to contracts manager for Variation Orders (VOs).
- Ensure engineering on the project team is effective and quality driven Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports.
- Ensure that project teams maximise Group knowledge management tools.
- BSc Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Practical and theoretical experience within high voltage export cables and accessories.
- Experience within the engineering and/or testing of high-voltage cables and accessories.
- Knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and FIDIC contracts.