External Affairs Manager
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
An External Affairs Manager for leading offshore and onshore wind developer. The External Affairs Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the Scottish communications strategy while contributing to a number of other initiatives across the UK development and operational portfolios.
This is a full time role based in Edinburgh.
- Increase and manage the reputation of the organisation in Scotland by working with national and local media, politicians, communities and other stakeholders such as Scottish Renewables.
- Design and implement a Scottish external communications strategy.
- Establish relationships directly with journalists, politicians and communities operating in the vicinity of our developments.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Manage the Scottish section of the website.
- Provide digital content for the UK and Ireland social media channels.
- Arrange appropriate public appearances, lectures, sponsorships or exhibits to increase project awareness and to promote goodwill (opening ceremonies, wind day, visits, etc.).
- Be accountable to the Head of External Affairs to ensure visibility of the communications strategy and activity, and that communications issues are identified and dealt with effectively.
- Work closely with the central external affairs and internal communications teams.
- Work closely with the Scottish project development and delivery teams to support and advise them.
- Relevant experience in Scottish affairs, preferably in onshore wind technology.
- Demonstrable experience in media, stakeholder and public affairs management.
- Experience in establishing co-operative relationships with political representatives plus community, consumer, and public interest groups.
- Ability to manage external agencies.
- Ability to manage external affairs issues proactively and reactively.