Fabrication Site Manager
United Arab Emirates
Overall responsibility for overseeing the production of offshore wind jackets foundations based at one of the fabrication yards in the middle east and Asia.
- To verify that the performance of the fabrication works meets the quality criteria according to Employer’s and Fabricator’s procedures.
- Review the results of the inspections that the Fabricator and the Employer perform.
- Propose changes in the inspections, controls and testing based on the progress of the works.
- Supervise the contractor(s) to ensure that their work complies with the project’s requirements and quality assurance guidelines.
- Analyse and review regulations and fabrication procedures, and ensure that they are in compliance with the Employer’s requirements and procedures.
- Establish periodic monitoring meetings with the quality manager of the Fabricator.
- When required, provide ad-hoc quality support to the site team.
- Prepare the quality control part of the weekly report in collaboration with QC coordinator.
- Report progress of fabrication activities on a regular basis, identifying any significant risks to the Employer.
- Participate in pre-load out inspections and review respective punch lists.
- Review as-built documentation.
- Experience in acting as Employer’s representative at fabrication yards.
- Experience with QA/QC inspections of offshore wind jacket foundations.
- Familiar with offshore wind foundation quality and HSE standards.
- Good communication and reporting skills.