Field Application Engineer – Solar & ESS
A global leader in the solar and energy storage sector requires Field Applications Engineer based in California. The role will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
Working with the engineering team, the successful candidate must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical and installation issues to assure complete customer satisfaction, as well as provide technical training to partners in a variety of contents regarding site design, permissions, and installation. The Applications Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales and support cycle.
- Pre-sales management of technical accounts as a key member of the Strategic Sales team to ensure that comprehensive design, installation and operational plans are developed and communicated to drive successful solution adoption and on-going business growth
- Engagement with Products & Technology Innovation team to make successful new product launches
- Develop and design content for training customers.
- Implement and deploy on-line training and off-line roadshow sessions with solar installers
- Maintain close cooperation and alignment with Customer Service on key technical and product-related issues, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Relevant degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (BS ME) and equivalent experience in a similar solar/battery storage/power electronics industry role.
- Multiple years of experience in applications engineering, or related role of technical pre-sales support
- Solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build rapport and display patience and empathy.